Sunday, November 18, 2007

"our sexual dimorphism"




Hi Frances and everybody!
I'm diligently working on my piece for the show...I'm afraid I've gotten myself into a project that is waaaayyyy more time intensive than I thought (story of my life). Its a book (which I thought would be library-appropriate)...if I can't finish it, I'll send a series of prints, if that's okay! I'm just a little worried about shipping/production time. The title is "Our sexual dimorphism wasn't apparent to the naked eye, and required advanced imaging instrumentation." Click here to find out what dimorphism is. I was thinking about this idea in terms of the geographic separation between Buda and Pest....and the Turkish and European influences throughout the city.

On a side note: I have a friend who is going to the HMC residency this winter. He asked me to give him my thoughts on the residency....OY VEY...I didn't know where to start!

Happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

valesco1 said...

Hi Annie,

That's perfect! I love your new work and whatever you get together is fine. By the way, who is TP? I know little about blogs so couldn't guess. Hopefully we will get more additions to this blog.

xoxo
Frances

Annie Heckman said...

Hey Krista,
This is awesome! I love the icky fingery zygote parts. Can't wait to see it in person.

xo
Annie